2003 wr450 wiring harness

7 replies to this topic
  • TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted August 27, 2008 - 11:49 AM

anyone got one laying around? I want one to building my street legal SM harness out of instead of butchering the one on the bike. let me know if you have one.

Thanks,
John

• JPhillips

Posted August 27, 2008 - 02:07 PM

I wish I had one to give you, but I am curious of all the things you are going to do to street legal lize it.. Along with HOW. I own a mc shop in FL and just bought an 03 wr450 with the goal of making it legal.

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted August 28, 2008 - 07:40 AM

I wish I had one to give you, but I am curious of all the things you are going to do to street legal lize it.. Along with HOW. I own a mc shop in FL and just bought an 03 wr450 with the goal of making it legal.

the one i am currently riding is already street legal, i just dont like the way i did some of the things in the wiring harness, dont get me wrong it looks and works fine, just i knowi can refine it more and make everything on the bike a waterproof plug in style. i can also remove a LOT from the back of my headlight are(relays and so forth). In order to be street legal in Indiana, i had to have a functioning high and low beam headlight, functioning turn signals and brake lights. all of that is taken care of, i just want to refine my wiring and make it look more factory installed. Thanks to a member on here and his wiring schematic it was all simple to figure out. I even have a keyed ignition with factory plug on it that plugs right into the bike. and it is mounted in the headlight it looks factory also.

• roushxteam199

Posted August 28, 2008 - 08:41 AM

i have my 03 wr450 all steet legal. Its all supermoto now. let me know if any you guys need help. I have gone throught many hassels to make it into a street fighter. Tweav here all so has a 03 supermoto.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted August 28, 2008 - 08:50 AM

Posted Image

Street legal SM all the way :thumbsup:

• roushxteam199

Posted August 28, 2008 - 09:27 AM

i like your bike. heres mine
Posted Image

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted August 28, 2008 - 09:40 AM

i like your bike. heres mine
Posted Image

damn that is one clean 03!! mine started life as a trail bike, i picked it up from a guy in MO. This winter im tearing it apart to do a lot of powder coat work and all new plastics(YZ of course) and an exhaust. I had a budget for it but kinda exceeded it. :thumbsup: What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

• roushxteam199

Posted August 28, 2008 - 07:38 PM

i still have stock gearing right now. im changing it soon to 15 45 i get around 55mpg. Yes i know about budgets i went way over it.total i spent around 5k

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.