Jetting starting point 00 WR400

6 replies to this topic
  • Charlie_Franklin

Posted June 12, 2002 - 02:00 AM

I asked basicaly the same question as this on the KTM board about my bike and got a great answer from JD.

I have a friend with a 00 WR400. It's stock appart from YZ timing, and he's thinking about removing that.

What's a good starting point to work from for his jetting?

Thanks

Charlie

• lewichris

Posted June 12, 2002 - 04:27 AM

a good starting point is usually stock. And why in the world you ever even think about going back to WR timing. That would be silly.

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: lewichris ]

• Taffy

Posted June 12, 2002 - 06:20 AM

JD has done you proud so well done and off you jolly well go!

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Charlie_Franklin

Posted June 12, 2002 - 10:38 AM

Taffy,

Yes he has, but my friend doesn't realy know how to use computers so I thought I'd help him out.

Are you saying for the WR I should start with the same jetting JD recomended for the KTM?

If not can you give me a starting point for just the needle, main and pilot. I have to convince him first it's worth changing, so don't want to spend much money going to your full set up.

Charlie

• Taffy

Posted June 12, 2002 - 12:44 PM

get a 40PJ an EMM needle and either a 155MJ for the standard exhaust or a 162 MJ for an open pipe.

it must be tough having no more money than a tenner in his pocket, i could sob for him. could we all have a whipo round.

is he an orphan?

perhaps he sleeps under the stars at night just dreaming of a real bed. :D

don't forget the Taff mod which will cost you 50 aus cents for a block connector (that's one, not the strip of 20).

Taffy :) :D

• Charlie_Franklin

Posted June 12, 2002 - 09:46 PM

Taffy,

Thanks for that.

Over here in Australia where the Australian dollar is worth about 3 south pacific shells, the cost of just the needle and main jet is over a tenner. Also taking in to account the lower incomes here, it probably equates to about twice that in buying power.

Charlie

• blue_beast_wins

Posted June 14, 2002 - 11:12 PM

Second that

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.