Problem with MSR Rad Guards

4 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted August 26, 2008 - 04:08 PM

I bought a set of MSR rad guards on eBay which were listed for a 2006 Yamaha WR450f.

Problem is they dont' fit, and on the packaging it lists them for a 2000-2004 Yamaha WR450f. I guess the 05/06 ones have a narrower rad by the look of it, can anyone verify they are different? Or am I doing something wrong in trying to install them???

• motoexplorer

Posted August 28, 2008 - 09:12 PM

I bought the same ones for my 05 and they don't fit either. Ended up zip-typing them to the stock plastic guards. Cheesey but it worked. PM me if you want some pic's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted August 29, 2008 - 02:27 AM

Does MSR say that they will fit the 06's? and will they fit 04 back? or not fit any?

• charliep

Posted September 01, 2008 - 01:12 PM

Does MSR say that they will fit the 06's? and will they fit 04 back? or not fit any?

I bought the gaurds for my 05, they did not fit either. They are crap in my opinion. I went with the flatlands, they fit perfect.

charlie.

• MountainMax

Posted September 01, 2008 - 06:30 PM

did you ever call MSR to ask them about it? I am going to do that tomorrow.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.