suspension 08 WR450

9 replies to this topic
  • idamoh

Posted August 26, 2008 - 02:50 PM

My fatass weighs 250, 270 with all my gear, and I am 6'6". At the very least I need to upgrade my springs. I called FC and they reccommend a .50 for the forks, and a 6.7 for the rear. The increase for the forks seems correct to me, but I questioned the guy about the 6.7 in the rear. He told me because of my height I will tend to ride with more weight over the rear of the bike. Any other tall guys out there run across the same scenario? Does this seem reasonable? I wanted to check before I spend the money. I looked into Race Tech, but it looks like the biggest spring they carry for the front is a .48.

• longie

Posted August 26, 2008 - 08:14 PM

On my '06 YZ450, I ran 7.0 rear spring and on my CRF450 I ran a 7.4. And I am healthy like you.....

• STECKNINE

Posted August 27, 2008 - 08:00 AM

Factory Connection is correct! You husky fellas will need that spring rate:p I figured out that the Race Tech spring rate was wrong! They had me set up for a 5.6 spring rate. I think F.C. has me set up with a 6.7 spring rate and, I weigh 180. Factory Connection is the way to go with a WR suspension. I just rode yesterday and, I love my suspension! It just sucks up the whoops. I have the YZ forks on my WR and, full F.C. re valve. It is by far the best up grade that I have done for this bike.

• SXP

Posted August 27, 2008 - 08:52 AM

Factory Connection is correct! You husky fellas will need that spring rate:p I figured out that the Race Tech spring rate was wrong! They had me set up for a 5.6 spring rate. I think F.C. has me set up with a 6.7 spring rate and, I weigh 180. Factory Connection is the way to go with a WR suspension. I just rode yesterday and, I love my suspension! It just sucks up the whoops. I have the YZ forks on my WR and, full F.C. re valve. It is by far the best up grade that I have done for this bike.

There is NO WAY you are going to need a 6.7 kg/mm rear spring at 180 lbs. Some thing doesn't compute!

Did you mean 5.7?

• longie

Posted August 27, 2008 - 12:24 PM

No, a 6.7 spring is needed for a much healthier rider than 180 lbs. Try a 5.7-5.9....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • STECKNINE

Posted August 27, 2008 - 01:14 PM

No, a 6.7 spring is needed a much healthier rider than 180 lbs. Try a 5.7-5.9....

My bad:confused:you are right! Sometimes i need to wake up before I post on the Internet.:thumbsup:

• beezer

Posted August 27, 2008 - 01:32 PM

We won't argue with someone your size.

A revalve is gonna be needed too.

A buddy is humongous too and has to mess with every bike he buys and then put it back to stock when he sells it.

• idamoh

Posted August 27, 2008 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I am gonna go with the FC spring. I can't wait that stock suspension has been killing me.

• tribalbc

Posted August 28, 2008 - 08:37 AM

Eibach has .50 fork springs for the WR. Just make sure you get the 970 series not the 969's that the TR catalog states. The 969's are 20mm too long. I just went through this on my 07 :worthy:
Race Tech just uses Eibach springs anyways :thumbsup:

• Roger_Steck

Posted September 05, 2008 - 06:57 PM

I have a 07 WR450 and weight in with gear right at 280. I run .49's in the front and a 6.4 in the back. The free sag and static sag on the rear is right on and a little shy on the front.

Roger

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.