426 Clicking

3 replies to this topic
  • Paewraul

Posted August 26, 2008 - 07:54 AM

I have an 01 426SM that clicks intermittently from the left side of the engine. Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to only happen when the bike is leaned over and under power. I can't hear it when on decel, when the clutch is in, or when the bike is still. I think I read that WR engines can be "noisy", but I don't remember ever hearing this before. Any ideas? Thnx!

• face_plant

Posted August 26, 2008 - 09:29 AM

my 05 450 just started doing this also
last time i did the water pump i noticed alot of wear on the crank gear
so maby its slipping
but yours is on the left?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sootgrinder

Posted August 26, 2008 - 05:12 PM

I once noticed that my yz was making a rapid clicking noise on the left side onder moderate power. It took me a while to figure out what it was but it was the chain "sliding" down into the very slightly worn front sprocket. Might be something similar in your case.
Soot

• wr 400 mikky

Posted September 04, 2008 - 12:37 AM

my chain hits the subframe on left corners, even with new chain guides, maybe that , you sure it`s engine noise?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.