Kauai Hare n hound and Labor day motocross races.

2 replies to this topic
  • hawaiidirtrider

Posted August 25, 2008 - 01:57 AM

If any of you have ever ridden the Kauai Hare n hound you will remember it as a special time in your motorcycle riding lifetime. It is one of the original extreme offroad events that only those who have done it appreciate. Kauai is a beautiful island with some nice tough trails for all us riders to enjoy. This (of course will be held Labor day weekend). Info on this is on mxfiveo.com.
If you know anyone who has ridden this race you will know that this race has the reputation as one of the toughest races around. This is just a link for riders to find out about this and other races in the islands. Aloha:ride:

mxfiveo.com

• Dezzi_666

Posted August 25, 2008 - 05:26 AM

Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to ride in Kauai. A hare and hound in Kauai does indeed sound very challenging.
I got the opportunity to ride in Maui this year as well as last. Coming from the deserts of southern california the hawaiian terrain is definitely different.

Since I am from California I was unable to ride at the Maui Raceway park without a whole bunch of paperwork and even a notary??
So I did a lil off roading on the wetter side of the island. I ended up going down a hill that was very muddy. Needless to say the back end of my bike beat the front end down. haha luckily I managed to keep the bike upright, but that volcanic soil is definitely challenging. Good luck in your hare and hound. Ride safe.

Aloha

• hawaiidirtrider

Posted August 25, 2008 - 05:59 PM

It is definitely different. It works the other way around too. I am sure I would have a difficult time riding in the desert when all I do is ride this type of stuff. Hopefully you can come and ride one of the trail races on one of the islands. Glad you got to experience some of Hawaii's trails!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which one is a rocket - exc 500 vs exc 300 by meivk

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

No spark woes, completely stumped by Mirrory

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 3 replies
Reviews

KTM 450 EXC 2006 by FoxRocks

KTM 450 EXC 2006
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

1996 KDX 200 Wont run by josephduckworth

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

Won't Start! Need Help! by Ging3rDedMan

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.