TT - Why No OEM WR Plastics?

17 replies to this topic
  • neevothespaniel

Posted August 24, 2008 - 09:05 PM

Does anyone know why the TT OEM store doesn't keep WR plastics? Sorry if this has been asked before!

• Dube2

Posted August 25, 2008 - 07:38 AM

Well, my opinion is because the WR isn't as popular as the more competition YZ. As soon as the WR took on it's own look, the plastics are different than the YZ. So the front fender is the only thing that's the same. Nobody makes Blue(or any other color than white) plastic side plates that I know of? and the rear fender is OEM only. Same goes for fork guards, for the WR, white only! Radiator shrouds are also different..........

My $.02

• tribalbc

Posted August 25, 2008 - 07:46 AM

UFO now has plastics available for the WR. You can get black side panels, fenders, fork guards, rad shrouds, etc.
This was just looking at their current catalog, haven't ordered anything yet :worthy:
They don't have the old classic YZ yellow which would be my first choice but I wouldn't mind black side panels and fork guards :thumbsup:

• BajaFool

Posted August 25, 2008 - 09:41 AM

Dube2,
Beginning in 2005, the radiator shrouds for the WR and YZ are the same through 2008. Decals are obviously different. Acerbis makes a white OEM rear fender for the WR.

• matt4x4

Posted August 25, 2008 - 10:00 AM

The TT OEM store doesn't have anything beyond 01 available in the WR lineup because the database is not yet put into the system - however, you can call TT and ask for tehir OEM guy and he can get anything you want - OEM that is.
If you're looking for AFTERMARKET parts like acerbis and UFO, you need to look through the Aftemarket site - many of the older WR's share everything except headlight shroud and rear fender with the YZF - newer ones are probably slower to get because they're unique and lower sales over YZF, but yes - UFO makes the parts you want and if you look up UFO's part number there's no reason TT couldn't order them - they have all UFO stuff available through their supplier - likely just a database update delay too....

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 25, 2008 - 10:55 AM

Dube2,
Beginning in 2005, the radiator shrouds for the WR and YZ are the same through 2008.

No they are not, atleast not 07-08.

• BajaFool

Posted August 25, 2008 - 11:14 AM

SJMC_DON
You are correct. However, they were the same part number in 2005. I get confused easily--- because I'm old.:thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted August 25, 2008 - 12:05 PM

Ufo stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

the only thing I have not found is a wr style headlight cowl repop . so I krylon fusioned a stocker they are only 12 bucks from the dealer. those are yz graphix

• tribalbc

Posted August 25, 2008 - 02:18 PM

Fork guards fit with no mods ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buggs bunny

Posted August 26, 2008 - 06:26 AM

hey tweav where did you get your licsence plate bracket.

• drtbk4ever

Posted August 26, 2008 - 07:50 AM

Tweav,

Where did you get that rear rack for the bike?

• w00dsRider

Posted August 27, 2008 - 03:49 AM

No they are not, atleast not 07-08.

SJMC_DON
You are correct. However, they were the same part number in 2005. I get confused easily--- because I'm old.:thumbsup:

2006's are different as well perhaps have the largest differences. 2006 WR has a steel frame and the 2006 YZ has an aluminum frame.

• neevothespaniel

Posted August 31, 2008 - 01:42 AM

I am looking for OEM only as the cost doesn't seem too much and I like the quality.

If TT store can get anything you want that solves my problem.

Thanks for your comments.

• tweav

Posted August 31, 2008 - 03:53 AM

Fork guards fit with no mods ?

My acerbis yz fork guards bolted right on , But I Do not have the stock speedo drive or cable on the right fork leg

• tweav

Posted August 31, 2008 - 03:55 AM

Tweav,

Where did you get that rear rack for the bike?

the rack is from http://www.promotobillet.com/

• tweav

Posted August 31, 2008 - 04:02 AM

hey tweav where did you get your licsence plate bracket.

the plate bracket and tail light come with the ufo rear fender . I think they are a real good deal I only paid 62 bucks for the whole real setup . the only bad part is it does not come with a stock style wiring plug so you have to get you a new plug on your own or change the bike over to bullet ends

• yamita

Posted August 31, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I got the same UFO kit as tweav the only problem of this plastics is that the fork guard dx is not as the original and the cable of speed have to be placed out of it.

• tribalbc

Posted September 01, 2008 - 07:41 AM

I got the same UFO kit as tweav the only problem of this plastics is that the fork guard dx is not as the original and the cable of speed have to be placed out of it.

Thanks thats what I was wondering. Sucks because I still run the stock speedo ( works fine )
I'm not really into exposing the cable :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.