oil change purge bolt

4 replies to this topic
  • tea spoon

Posted August 24, 2008 - 05:14 AM

howdy, just finished breaking in my new 08/450wr and gave her it's first oil change. followed manual to a tee. when i cracked the purge bolt on cylinder to check for oil flow was getting what I thought I should. Now there was oil comming out but not a real flow like I am use too seeing on most of the other stuff I work on. is this normal or is it a concern. PS used 10w40.

• buggs bunny

Posted August 24, 2008 - 07:41 AM

i have a 08 wr450 to, and when i opened that bolt it just kinda drooled out then i shut it.then rode forty miles on next ride with no problems.i'm sure you'r alright.:worthy: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 24, 2008 - 08:10 AM

he bikes use a low pressure, high volume oiling system. Ooze is fine. Also, unless you think there is a oiling problem, there is never any need to 'purge air' from it. You change the oil and filter, start the bike, let it idle for a minute or so, checking for leaks, any air will of purged on its' own.

• neevothespaniel

Posted August 25, 2008 - 03:56 AM

Isn't this the oil pressure check bolt. When opened slightly oil should leak out gently to show you have good oil pressure.

• tea spoon

Posted August 25, 2008 - 05:12 AM

Thanx for the replys, 200km yesterday and I rode like I stole it and all was fine.:thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.