07 WR450 jetting again

2 replies to this topic
  • ducatiwv

Posted August 23, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I converted my WR to a motard over the winter and just have started riding it. I had trouble with the low speed jetting , but got that pretty muched fixed with a new leak jet and the fuel screw. I also installed the JD jet kit with red needle in 4th position. I ve also searched this forum and havent found any fixes for the mid range stutter and bog problem i have. Its usually from about 1/4-3/4 throttle and happens during a steady throttle application. If i gas it hard or fast , it only stutters some. If i give apply the throttle slowly , It really stutters BAD. I ve also unplugged and plugged back in the TPS with no positive results. Anyone have any new suggestions for this problem , since it seems to be one that is common with alot of the WR's....thanks, Larry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fullbore4

Posted August 23, 2008 - 08:41 PM

That problem makes me wonder if your JD needle was mis-marked because what you describe sounds like a rich needle condition.......which happens frequently with the blue needle.

• tweav

Posted August 24, 2008 - 12:32 AM

my bet is the pilot jet is a size too big. making the whole band just a bit fat . I have a 07 wr450 motard . And mine only stutters at about 1/4 throttle just holding it there . if I roll into the throttle or crack on it just goes no bog or shutter. I jetted my bike on a dyno with a wide band o2 sensor, and was surprised to find that the stock pj was fat and my accel pump was not working at all. so I jetted it down one size to a 42 and put on a rd powerbowl with the needle 1/2 turn out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.