Trailtech computer

7 replies to this topic
  • SealClubber

Posted December 26, 2002 - 08:57 AM

I was given a Trailtech Endurance Computer for christmas but it is for the KTM model. Will it work for my WR426 or do I need to return it for the correct one? I know the computer itself is the same but are the adapters different?

Posted December 26, 2002 - 09:21 AM

I'm not 100% sure of the difference but there is a difference.I think it's in the magnet and the way it attaches to the front rotor. If you go to the website they show you the different styles of how to install. Hope this helps. :)

• Fryboy

Posted December 26, 2002 - 09:22 AM

Hi Dan,

I don't have the answer for you but I have the next best thing! The Email address to Kelly at Trailtech. :

Kelly is really helpful and will answer your question quickly. Tell her Thumpertalk sent you !

• PumpkinHumper

Posted December 26, 2002 - 11:08 AM

Definately call trail tech. Those folks are great. I wouldn't be suprised it they swaped you even up for the correct pickup mount.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dezthumper

Posted December 27, 2002 - 03:05 PM

TrailTech is the BEST! Do contact Kelly at TrailTech. The best in customer service! They've really worked with me many times. Dez

• BR_WR426

Posted December 29, 2002 - 11:52 AM

The magnet and cable are different between the 100-20 (KTM) and 200-20 Yam kit, and will not work on the Yamaha.

As stated here, the Trail Tech people are great to work with, and swapping the needed parts shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy your computer!

BR (TrailTech dealer)

PS - if your computer came from us, let me know, and I will help you get the right parts.

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted December 30, 2002 - 05:55 AM

I think the proper thing to do here is buy a KTM so the computer will fit..... :)

• CoreyClough

Posted January 07, 2003 - 11:25 PM

It is all about the mounting hardware for your ride. Measure the diameter of your front tire, and program that into the computer; the rest is history. I have one on my XR 400, and it works great!

What am I doing on this site? Well other than comenting on the Trail Tech Computer, there is a Ride scheduled for the 18th of April for the L.A. Area of So. Cal., in Hungry Valley. Check the XR 250/400 site for future updtaes. All TT'ers are invited.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.