California Registration Problems for a Canadien WR

1 reply to this topic
  • Yamatom

Posted December 26, 2002 - 06:34 AM


I am a California resident and recently bought a 2001 Canadien WR426. I haven't actually gone down to the DMV yet, but when I called to get info on registering the bike, I was referred to the California Air Resource Board, (CARB). The DMV said over the phone that they cannot register the bike in Cal. for ANY color sticker without approval from the CARB. CARB will not under any circumstances allow my bike to be registered. I have been working with the folks at Yamaha and the CARB and their doesn't seem to be any solution. Anyone know any tricks?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • daytripper63

Posted December 26, 2002 - 07:03 AM


Get a MAILBOXES ETC. in Washington and register the bike their first and then reg in Calif after you get Washington title, Cal. will not reg new canada bikes, Ca. bike dealers are petitioning DMV or something like that.I have a few friends with canada bikes and the ones first reg in WA then to Ca have no problem the others i know still cant reg and DMV sent their money back to them with letter.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.