06 yz 450

7 replies to this topic
  • Chris_Presbyto

Posted August 21, 2008 - 05:36 PM

have a question how do you get the freakin spark plug out of this bike? do you need a special tool ? also having popping / backfiring on decel put 45 pilot in plus moose fuel screw now fuel screw does nothing. was able to tune out pop with stock 42 and stock fuel screw but fell out next ride ever since I have had a problem. bike is new bought as left over. thanks.

• sacfelix

Posted August 21, 2008 - 05:41 PM

In order to get the plug out make sure the socket has the little rubber insert in or use a 3/8 hose and push it on the end. On my 06 yz450 I'm running the following:
48-PJ
170-MJ
GYTR fuel screw 1-3/4 turns out
NCVS neddle in the 3rd clip position
This makes my bike rip all the way around.

• grayracer513

Posted August 21, 2008 - 05:44 PM

You need the tank off to begin with, then just a 16mm plug socket and an extension.

Either the Moose screw is made wrong, for the wrong model, or you either forgot the O-ring, or possibly left the OEM one in place and jammed it up in the bore when you installed the new screw.

• desert-rat660

Posted August 21, 2008 - 05:48 PM

u can sneak the plug out if u use a spark plug socket and a3/8 universal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxdon1

Posted August 21, 2008 - 08:03 PM

Once I losen the plug up I use a magnet with an adjustable extension on it that is like an inspection mirror.

• grayracer513

Posted August 21, 2008 - 08:09 PM

A real plug socket will pick up the plug without using a magnet.

• Ga450owner

Posted August 22, 2008 - 06:56 AM

In order to get the plug out make sure the socket has the little rubber insert in or use a 3/8 hose and push it on the end. On my 06 yz450 I'm running the following:
48-PJ
170-MJ
GYTR fuel screw 1-3/4 turns out
This makes my bike rip all the way around.

what needle is this?

• Mike Martel

Posted August 22, 2008 - 11:57 AM

i got a spark tool that came with the bike that works perfect, you got to take the tank off though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.