help!! more carb problems

7 replies to this topic
  • foxz

Posted August 21, 2008 - 02:30 PM

Well as i was waiting for float needle ass. I thought ill clean it out.. well i gave it a clean...then aired it out big time to get all the dirt/carb cleaner out...So i got the parts today put it all back together going too set the bk screw...and nothing comes out of the squirter hole...took the jets out gave it another air down... and nothing...what gives?

• grayracer513

Posted August 21, 2008 - 03:40 PM

Is there gas in the carb?

• foxz

Posted August 21, 2008 - 04:18 PM

lol yes

• grayracer513

Posted August 21, 2008 - 05:36 PM

Check the passages from the bowl to the cover and out to the discharge nozzle. Check the two check valves in the pump cover.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foxz

Posted August 21, 2008 - 08:41 PM

ive aired everything i can see out.. at what jet or point does it control where that squirts out or is it a number or places it goes through

• foxz

Posted August 21, 2008 - 09:10 PM

which passage does the fuel take too get too the discharge unit

• foxz

Posted August 22, 2008 - 12:09 PM

fixed, thanks gray once again

• foxz

Posted August 23, 2008 - 07:35 PM

OK, new problem Now its still bogging off idle...from like 1/8 to cracked it runs great... i ran around 1.5 turns out on the air screw.. i even backed the bk screw off almost conpletly.. when i backed the bk screw it reacted alot better... sure it had a bog there still but this is like a stumble...where it seems very choppy... could it be crappy zipty air screw? been told they are crap

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.