Hot Cams for '04 WR450 - Part numbers 4044-1E / 4023-1IN

6 replies to this topic
  • 04WR450man

Posted August 21, 2008 - 04:48 AM

Hi :worthy:

Does anyone know if these are the correct Hot Cams part numbers for my 2004 WR450?

4044-1 E / 4023-1 IN

And if they are, will teh electric start still work ok?

I know someone selling some unused ones at the right price and would like a tad more power :thumbsup:

Cheers

Trev.

• tweav

Posted August 21, 2008 - 05:27 AM

yes those are it..

http://www.hotcamsin...x=66&enter.y=11

the 4044-1e is the cam built for the e-z button . so it will still work

• beaver83

Posted August 21, 2008 - 05:28 AM

yes those are the correct part numbers for that machine. they are designed to work with electric start.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 04WR450man

Posted August 21, 2008 - 06:55 AM

Many thanks for the replies :worthy:

I spent ages searching through the forum and foud mixed results regarding the E-start.

So, have you found a good noticable power increase with these cams - any down sides?

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Trev.

• tweav

Posted August 21, 2008 - 01:22 PM

There is a thread with a guy saying he lost too much bottom end power , there is also talk there of just running the hot cams intake cam . As far as I've seen dyno sheets the dyno sheets did not show a loss of bottom end .

read this whole thread

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=679037

I've got a set coming for my 07 wr450. I have a yz ex cam in right now and it did get harder to e start. but way easier to kick . but once I figured the bike out right I can use the e-z button every time

• Mrmonk7663

Posted August 21, 2008 - 01:23 PM

This is regurgitated info, not my own, but here goes. Intake/Exhaust cam upgrades=lots of mid and high gain, but at a sacrifice of low end. stock exhaust with hotcam intake evidently gives a well balanced all around increase.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 21, 2008 - 02:29 PM

If the Hot cam power characteristics are anything like the YZ cam mod, the low end changes... it makes the bike stronger but mor linear on the bottom... tractor like power.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.