A Sinners Confession

13 replies to this topic
  • Polo

Posted February 08, 2001 - 04:42 PM

I have had my WR426 for over a WEEK, accessorized and all, and have not put one single mile on it yet... :) I know I have sinned and must repent but,,, sniffle :(sniffle,,, will you ever forgive me? I see my bike in the garage and I am ashamed... oooooohhh the pain of it all!!!

• Bill

Posted February 08, 2001 - 06:07 PM

Polo,

I feel your pain brother. I have not riden since June of last year. I was living in North Carolina and it's just to hot and humid during July and August. Then I had accepted a position with another company and re-located to Pennsylvania. Now there's snow on the ground.

I just got back from joining a MX club and am looking forward to riding soon. I'm also taking this time to do some upgrades and tuning (jetting and de-octopussing).

I'm ready to roost!
BIll

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 09, 2001 - 06:53 AM

I purchased my WR426F two weeks ago (and had to pay $1800.00 additional to trade up ONE year! Ouch!) and still haven't even started it. Weather is terrible here in Iowa. I read that some guys heard a "knocking" noise in the engines of their new WR426s, so I better start mine this weekend before the 30-day warranty is up and see if all is OK.
Ron

• William

Posted February 09, 2001 - 12:13 PM

I feel so sorry for you guys, well again as always it's in the high 70's and thats winter for us, got my YZ seat and tank installed the bike feels so much better now, i feel like i can flick it around, and Polo i cut the top of the TTR125L air lip open and now the bike has alot more ponies thanks again.
Well i must be going got to get ready for riding tomorrow.

Roost on

------------------
2000 WR400F
2000 EC 300
2000 TTR 125L
2000 TTR 90
1999 750 Katana

• PMAUST

Posted February 09, 2001 - 08:57 PM

Polo, that is not a sin it is a tragedy!

• Polo

Posted February 11, 2001 - 08:32 AM

It has been 3 days since my last confession, and I am still tormented in the hell I find myself. Sinning by not riding like I know I should, and I blame it on snow. Am I truly so weak?

• Bill

Posted February 11, 2001 - 09:51 AM

Polo,

I've just come out of the baement garage to check some info on de-octopussing the bike. I haven't received the rad guards and just ordered some frame guards. It's fairly nice today 30's and the rain yesterday washed most of the snow away. I found my boots in the "packed" boxes" and I'll be making some friends in the neighborhood when I'm done :D

Oh well, I'm just renting here while our house is being built :)

Come on man, don't let me get on the bike before you.

Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonez34

Posted February 11, 2001 - 07:50 PM

POLO

How dare you bring that filth into this humble family-like atmosphere? Have you been in the phunny juice again? Does your family know of your doings? And how do you think the almighty gods of single track are going to handle this crime of lust? For you to just sit there and stare at this monster day after day, watching......waiting.......drooling.....and for what? Do you think the lords of the heavens will resurrect the beast to roam upon the earth alone? POLO.......the beast needs you. NOW GO!! GO AND RIDE THE MONSTER TILL IT WEEPS NO MORE!!!! Then and only then may you be forgiven of your filthy deeds!!!

------------------
Confucious say: Man with hand in pocket feel cocky.

• Bill

Posted February 12, 2001 - 03:13 AM

Polo,

Better get on the bike. I finished the jetting and de-oct, had to give it a run. I'm sure my neighbors loved the E-Series and 12 discs :)

5 more days and I'll be in the woods. If you don't make it, might as well YZ time the bike :D

See Ya
Bill

• Polo

Posted February 12, 2001 - 10:15 PM

Bill,
If I where your neighbor, I wouild fire up and go ride with ya. But, I'm not sure any neighborhood could handle 2 WRs at the same time.

PS I am still a sinner! :)

• PMAUST

Posted February 17, 2001 - 03:23 PM

Polo, if you are a sinner I must be a fallen angel. It seems that every weekend it is raining and clears up during the week. I did manage to get a few hours today before the rain started. And for the next couple of months I have to work every Sunday!@# It seems that lately I spend more time cleaning off caked on mud than riding...and the Brits like that?! Sick, sick, I tell ya. I am totally ready for summer. I will never complain about dust again! Forgive us our tresspasses and lead us into a new season.... :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 17, 2001 - 04:03 PM

I hope you greese it before you ride it. :D I would recommend it! I asked this question here about a month ago. It was brought to my attention to check it out while it was clean. There must be a terrible oil shortage where these bikes are manufactured. Mine was dry. You name it, steering head, bottom linkage and wheel bearings. All of these areas had very little lubrication on them. :)
Enjoy the bike. It's a killer
Dennis :D

• Polo

Posted February 20, 2001 - 07:46 PM

I've been SAVED!!! 3 days at the Little Sahara Sand Dunes... :) :D :D

• Johnny_Knoxville

Posted February 23, 2001 - 12:22 AM

Yup thats why we pay the big bucks to live in So.Cal. 75 degrees and sunny today,read and weep

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.