Need help with a YZ426F

5 replies to this topic
  • redneckfyrfytr

Posted August 19, 2008 - 10:43 PM

I'm getting ready to re-jet my YZ426F but need the know how to do it. If anyone has any tips and such, please help. Also, I'm going to be upgrading to hot cams in the next few weeks. If anyone can give me pointers or an easy way to do this, that would be awesome! Thanks you guys!!!

• 1998YZ400F

Posted August 19, 2008 - 11:54 PM

there is a lot left unsaid here. hows the bike running? rich or lean? and mods like exhaust? is the current jetting stock? if we just know a little more about your bike we can help you out.

• M0SSLAGER

Posted August 20, 2008 - 12:09 AM

elevation also..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 20, 2008 - 06:06 AM

Read:

http://www.thumperta...699#post2881699

• redneckfyrfytr

Posted August 21, 2008 - 11:32 PM

I'm not really sure if it's running lean or not. I plan on upgrading the exhaust to FMF. But for some reason it does like to foul out the plugs. I'm planning on reaplacing the intake and exhaust cams with the hot cams. Partially for the increase in top end power but also so i can get rid of the decompression lever. The bike runs good for the most part. I've noticed when I hit the throttle fast, it seems like it's going to stall, instead of reving up it just about stops running. Basically seems like it's flooding to easily.

Let me know if ya'll need anything else

• grayracer513

Posted August 22, 2008 - 06:38 AM

Read the link I posted, and go from there.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.