1/4 Turn Throttle Mod For Novice Rider??

4 replies to this topic
  • hybridtercel

Posted August 19, 2008 - 11:06 AM

Just got my 08 yz450f after riding a 05yz125 for a year.
Was wondering if a 1/4 turn throttle mod will be a bad
idea for a novice rider at a MX track. I am thinking about
doing this mod before riding this weekend. I may sand
down the pvc a little lower and maybe call it a 1/3 turn
throttle mod. Let me know what you think. Thanks

• adamdf

Posted August 19, 2008 - 02:57 PM

Hmmmmm, i would just buy the G2 throttle cam system. Look at it this way, you can make adjustments to your liking in 5 minutes or less, and you dont need to go screwing up your stock setup. I just installed one on my KTM last week and so far have only tryed the mild cam and there is a noticeable difference for sure, unfortunately before i could do some more testing with the other cams that came in the kit i got a flat tire, but will be testing it more this weekend and i'll be sure to post about it once i do. Another thing is, G2's service was second to none and they shipped the stuff out to me the very next day. I do believe shipping is free in the US as well (i am outside the US but still got my kit in less than a week!). Here is the link below:

www.g2ergo.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • almostinvincible119

Posted August 20, 2008 - 06:51 PM

i'm not sure i would go with this. learn throttle control and you may be ready for this mod. but this change from a 125 to a 450 is a huge difference. if you make it a 1/4 turn, its gonna make it feel alot snappier. if your dead set on this, either get the G2 kit, or a spare throttle tube to do it with

• BoboX

Posted August 23, 2008 - 06:39 PM

Their all 1/4 turn. The guy a G2 confirmed this. Even the stock Honda is, eye your grip and give it a turn. What the G2 does is change where in the 1/4 turn the the opening occures.

• The Spanky

Posted August 23, 2008 - 06:44 PM

MX bikes have a 70 degree throttle. That's less than a quarter-turn.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.