another rumor about the 450

9 replies to this topic
  • lewichris

Posted June 10, 2002 - 04:34 AM

wet sump engine. But way Way more oil then the CRF. The are going to try to save money in the swingarm and in the air box to name a few. Just a rumor.

• CrazyRonny

Posted June 10, 2002 - 05:20 AM

Dirt Rider have picture of it in page 32 of the July edition.... more compact head design, long stroke, wet-sump, slim down swing-arm, reservoir less rear brake, etc.

Posted Image

• AintSkeerd

Posted June 10, 2002 - 05:38 AM

FYI - There is a pic of the 03 Yz posted on the Yz forum.

• lewichris

Posted June 10, 2002 - 06:40 AM

Posted June 10, 2002 - 06:55 AM

It's still gonna be a heavy Pig! Just more power to make it feel lighter. Can't wait to see the official weight of this thing.

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted June 10, 2002 - 07:00 AM

I heard from a buddie who once had a friend that dated a girl in high school, now she is a hooker and works near yamah in LA.

She told this guy at the high school reunion, and he told my buddie that it was not going to be released until next year.

The problem was to many rumers from TT had Yamah worried that they couldnt cut the mustard :)

So they recalled it before it was released

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• Hick

Posted June 10, 2002 - 07:06 AM

What is your fixation with hookers??

• S_Phillips

Posted June 10, 2002 - 07:31 AM

heads look taller to me.......

more breathing more power......

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 10, 2002 - 07:33 AM

Non Just every rumer story has to have a hooker in it :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 10, 2002 - 07:43 AM

?? This SHOULD get you to Yamaha's ??OFFICIAL?? release of info:

or better yet, here:

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: NH Kevin ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.