Am I Close ? - not very good snap !!

4 replies to this topic
  • Nige_Uk

Posted June 10, 2002 - 04:05 AM

Alright I know I should have the answers through reading all the posts on this topic, & I've applied alot of it but I'm still not quite there, so here's my settings

2000 model
WR timed
Bk Mod
Air box snorkel removed
Open exhaust
Needle DRM #3
MJ 160
PJ42

MAJ 200
PAJ 75

With the mixture screw I can turn this all the way in !! Now my logic with this is the PJ & PAJ have not got the correct ratio, so I'm going to fit a PAJ85, is this correct. Also is the MAJ200 correct or should this be reduced (& to what)

The snap response which I'm hoping for (from reading various posts), I'm not getting, the top end is good but until the bikes warmed up it backfires indicating a lean condition.

Thats the info , what needs to be done boys ?? :)

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Nige

• Guy

Posted June 10, 2002 - 11:41 AM

:) Nige, I'm running the DMM, which if I remember my Taffy lessons is the same needle but 2 clips different and Im running #1, so we should be the same, My pilot circuit is the same as yours but is a bit rich, I need to get the next pair down, Also my MAJ is 170 which improves Top even more. My snap off the throttle is amazing, 4th gear wheelies without the clutch! and thats on 14/50 gearing, I'm running a #162 MJ
Hope this helps :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nige_Uk

Posted June 11, 2002 - 01:42 AM

Thanks Guy, will try this out

Nige

• 426fred

Posted June 11, 2002 - 02:55 AM

Hmmm, my bike is as stock as can be and I too pop fourth gear wheelies and my gearing is even taller (15-50) - only thing I do to make this happen (apart from twisting the throttle :) ) is to move my fat arse to the rear.
I think I will leave the jetting alone. At least until I can afford an aftermarket pipe (I covet the Thunder Alley with Ceramic coating).

Keep poping :D

See ya,

///Fredrik

• tbronc

Posted June 11, 2002 - 04:57 AM

comparing my notes with a dtm, you may be rich on the pilot, lean on the clip.

I had best snap with clip#6 DTM, (same as your DRM #5), PJ35, PAJ 65-70.

I'm just starting testing with the 'D' needle and haven't got the top sorted just yet. My notes so far are in "Jetting Qs".

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.