WR 450 with yz front number plate

12 replies to this topic
  • tmrider

Posted August 17, 2008 - 04:01 PM

Lets see them?? any one done this if yes how so?

• mikeythefokker

Posted August 18, 2008 - 01:44 PM

I haven't done it but I have seen it a few times. It should in theory be pretty easy. The little pins on the bottom triple clamp that the headlight shroud fits onto work the same way with the number plate. I think that it's just a matter of taking off the headlight and disconnecting it. I bet it takes about fifteen minutes.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 18, 2008 - 02:17 PM

I do it.... the holes on the bottom of the plate do mount up with the pins on the lower fork clamp... for the upper mount you will either need to fab up a bracket that will line up with the YZ plate mounting tab to bolt it on or, like I do, use two long zip ties and run them thru the tab on the plate and then back around the tripple clamp, (under the bars)... the other thing you will need to do is figure out a way to mount the ingition switch as it is mounted to the upper headlight bracket (07' +).

I had pics at one time but cannot find them right now, if I do I will post. I think the zip ties work great:thumbsup:

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 18, 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hey Don does it leave the enduro computer exposed?

• hoople

Posted August 18, 2008 - 08:05 PM

if you look at the pics in 'my garage' i have pics in there, i moved the speedo and ign button to the other side of the handle bars

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 18, 2008 - 10:41 PM

Thanks hoople!

Thats not gonna work for me though. The main reason why I asked was not because I prefer the MX # look (I'm indifferent), but because I'd make the transition to white plastics possible w/o replacing or painting the headlight shroud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR250F Captain

Posted August 18, 2008 - 11:07 PM

I did it on my 250f after a friend did it on his 450f.

I used the bottom bracket, then used zip ties for the top. didn't move anything and the computer was well protected. took about 5 minutes, and I cut the center triple tree mount off so it would go over the computer

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=59552

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 19, 2008 - 07:27 AM

Hey Don does it leave the enduro computer exposed?

I don't know... I took that off too but I do have a friend that runs a #plate with the odod/endurometer still on so it's possible for shure:thumbsup:

Your right, it's the easiest way right now to transition to white right now:prof:

• jeffm

Posted August 19, 2008 - 11:17 AM

I think I might have a better picture at home
Posted Image

• Dubya-R250

Posted August 19, 2008 - 02:36 PM

how hard is this to do!?!?!

• WR250F Captain

Posted August 19, 2008 - 02:51 PM

how hard is this to do!?!?!

not very hard at all

• Dubya-R250

Posted August 19, 2008 - 02:54 PM

explain... i thought there was a big sequence on removing the headlight

• WR250F Captain

Posted August 19, 2008 - 03:21 PM

explain... i thought there was a big sequence on removing the headlight

whats hard about removing the headlight. its like 3 bolts, wire for lamp

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.