WR426 or WR450 for road use?

2 replies to this topic
  • soco3594

Posted August 17, 2008 - 04:01 PM

Hi guys. I currently ride an 01 WR426 and am thinking about getting it registered for road use. The bike doesn't have blinkers and the headlight/speedo don't work. I was considering either getting all this fixed and registering it or trading on a WR450 with all the gear already. Just trying to work out what would be more worthwhile.

Im also tempted to go for the 450 because of the electric start which would be much better for riding around the city each day.

What do you guys think?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roushxteam199

Posted August 17, 2008 - 04:28 PM

i have a supermoto wr450. i love having the magic button. its a good bike for the streets it can stay at a constant speed and always reliable for me

• soco3594

Posted August 17, 2008 - 11:47 PM

Yeah I know the 426 doesn't particularly like steady throttle. Its got awesome power but its a pig. Wasn't sure if I could improve that a bit with jetting or if that's just the way they are... Would miss it if I sold it but

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.