Replate Or Throw Away???

6 replies to this topic
  • desert-rat660

Posted August 16, 2008 - 11:27 AM

I WAS GOING TO HAVE MY OLD CYLINDER REPLATED JUST TO HAVE IT FOR THE NEXT REBUILD.
THINK IS WORTH IT? OR JUST TOSS IT AND BUY A NEW ONE?:)

• grayracer513

Posted August 16, 2008 - 12:40 PM

Turn your caps lock off.

A new cylinder can be bought at the TT OEM store for $200. Yours will have to be bored oversized and plated, whichj by itself will probably nearly equal that. You can check prices, but also consider that the standard piston and rings will no longer fit. If it was me, I'd just go with the new one.

Then again, you could use it as a core for a big bore kit.

• desert-rat660

Posted August 16, 2008 - 01:01 PM

sorry as i was at work when i wrote it, computer is locked on caps there

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto2000

Posted August 17, 2008 - 04:18 PM

What does this mean....:)

You can check prices, but also consider that the standard piston and rings will no longer fit.

I use this company quite a bit...http://www.mt-llc.com/

or US Chrome

As Gray says, there isn't a big price difference for a 426 cylinder new or replate, but I still think it's cheaper to replate. They also have an exchange program and do quality work

• desert-rat660

Posted August 17, 2008 - 04:23 PM

What does this mean....:)

I use this company quite a bit...http://www.mt-llc.com/

or US Chrome

As Gray says, there isn't a big price difference for a 426 cylinder new or replate, but I still think it's cheaper to replate. They also have an exchange program and do quality work

its a 450, but ya i think ill keep it, maybe as a core for a big bore kit, or just have it bored out and replated then

• moto2000

Posted August 17, 2008 - 05:33 PM

Oh yeah....have 426 on the brain today......:)

• psellers22

Posted August 17, 2008 - 06:46 PM

buy a cylinder from here www.cyclepartswarehouse.com or check www.shspowersports.com

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.