Looking at WR450

1 reply to this topic
  • crepitus

Posted August 16, 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hi all. I am new to the board sort of. I have been looking at a few enduro bikes that can go both on and off road. The last one was an 91 XR600R that I passed on due to weight and it being older and a kick start.

One of my friends that races has a 06 WR450 he is selling. I told him I would be interested if I can get a street tilte for it. I heard its hard to do in Jersey. SO he is looking into that with his dealer but in the mean time he said its kick start only. Was electric start not offered in 06 or is it because the bike is set up for racing then dont have electric starters? Anything else I should know about the bike? I am sure its a bit easier to kick start then the XR I looked at.

If I can get a title for it I am going to need to get a light kit for it. I am pretty excited and hope it works out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OUTERLIMITS

Posted August 16, 2008 - 09:53 AM

It would have started out as an e-start. Might want to check with him as to what he did with the parts. Light kit is no problem via a number of vendors including Baja Designs, Trick dual sport, Electrex, etc.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.