Need Help Oil Change Questions

4 replies to this topic
  • freeriders98

Posted August 15, 2008 - 07:05 PM

I have a 98 WR400. Is there more than 1 oil drain? I just changed my oil and hardly any oil came out. I had changed it maybe 6 riding hours earlier. I have only changed the oil twice now on my bike (only had it a little over a month) And both times it will not take the correct amount of oil after draining old oil. So I am thinking somehow I am not getting all the old oil out of the bike. I don't think I am burning oil, no smoke from exhaust. And no leaks other than a little out of the vent tube. Please help. Thanks in advance:excuseme: :)

• maxtherat

Posted August 15, 2008 - 07:08 PM

2 spots. Under motor and at the bottom of the frame behind front fender.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freeriders98

Posted August 15, 2008 - 08:51 PM

That would make sense, thanks. I thought I had read that somewhere, but couldn't find it, and it says nothing in the manuel. Or at least I did not find it.

• kjr247

Posted August 16, 2008 - 03:41 AM

Have a pan ready and up high to catch the oil from the down tube... you will have a mess on your hands. KJR

• freeriders98

Posted August 16, 2008 - 10:14 AM

good to know thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.