just made guard for wb headpipe

5 replies to this topic
  • freestyle111

Posted June 09, 2002 - 11:53 AM

hopefully this will stop pipe from being dented or burning holes in pants.i welded 2 nuts on my wb tapered headpipe then made this pipe guard.its made out of 3\16 aluminum and ways less than 3 ounces but still seems pretty strong Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

anyone interested in having one made $25 pm me

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• aftershock

Posted June 09, 2002 - 03:24 PM

Thats trick. What did you use to to get the right bend?

• freestyle111

Posted June 09, 2002 - 05:38 PM

clamped sheet to a 1 1\2 pipe then rolled it around pipe by hitting with rubber mallet and heating it with torch.then mounted guard on headpipe to fine tune shape leaving 1\4in air space between guard and headpipe.after i had finished shaping guard so airspace was even all the way around guard.pulled it off pipe and drilled holes to help cooling.finally sanded and polished

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle111

Posted June 10, 2002 - 08:28 AM

who wants one?

• DR.Zaius

Posted June 10, 2002 - 10:19 AM

That almost looks like it is aftermarket. GOod work.

Did you just use tin-snips to cut it down?

• freestyle111

Posted June 10, 2002 - 04:50 PM

what do you mean almost.this guard looks better than any guard or heatshield ive seem on market.the aluminum plate im using is a little to hard for tin-snips.i have to use jigsaw and then grinder.Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.