Quick licensing question for the Utah folks

1 reply to this topic
  • fish_bulb

Posted December 23, 2002 - 01:54 PM


I go to school in UT, but my perminate residence is in CA. I'm looking to buy and register a WR450 in UT. How easy is it to get a plate AND once I get the plate, does it need to be inspected every year, or can I just pay the fees by mail? After I graduate, I'd like to keep the bike registered in UT without driving back to have the bike inspected.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pedman

Posted December 23, 2002 - 08:03 PM


If I remember correctly, you have to be a resident in Utah for six months. Plan on mods to make your WR street legal, but depending on where you buy your bike, I am sure the dealer will be more than accomodating to help you on this, but yes you will need to have the bike inspected each year when you reregister.

My friend got his KTM 520 street legal, laugh :) so anything is possible here in Utah.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.