Computer relocated to the battery compartment

9 replies to this topic
  • nickt916

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 14, 2008 - 03:09 PM

Nick, what are you trying to accomplish? I've seen your posts about YZ fender fitting etc... are you going for a complete YZ look?

It looks like a nice install but I think you just effectively and dramatically reduced the amount of CFM into your air box....

• nickt916

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:05 PM

i did this for the YZ fender yes, but when i ran into my fender problem and not being able to figure out if the YZ250 and YZ450 are narrower or wider or is it just the WR450 thats wider, i have no clue. I figured id leave it as is right now. Maybe ill get to the bottom of the YZ fender mystery eventually, but till i do ill run the WR fender. and if the YZ450 fenders ARE indeed narrower then i can put the computer back in its original place.

• nickt916

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:07 PM

technically its only covering up about 2 inches of the actual hole, it has alot more breathing compared to the stock cover, so it shouldnt even be an issue it being there.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 14, 2008 - 06:05 PM

There's lots of guys here that have put YZ fenders on their 07' and newer WR's odd that it's such a mystery... Good luck, the bike looks good so far. What color plastics are you using?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nickt916

Posted August 14, 2008 - 06:24 PM

There's lots of guys here that have put YZ fenders on their 07' and newer WR's odd that it's such a mystery... Good luck, the bike looks good so far. What color plastics are you using?

seems like in my case it turned into a mess :) i posted that thread about the fender issue but dont seem to get any help. As i mentioned in there, i went to the dealer and bought a OEM fender for 06-08 yz250/yz450 thats what it says on the OEM yamaha genuine sticker. So i assumed 250 and 450 are same and wr 450 is differemt and only takes a 450 wr fender... id love to hear from some of the guys with 450WRs with YZ fenders and if they can confirm that the YZ450 is wider compared to the YZ250 ... or maybe yamaha did sell me a 250 fender but on the package it says 250/450 as a mistake.

i even double checked with them when i returned it. I do want to go back now and actually look at the actual bike to compare...

• tweav

Posted August 15, 2008 - 02:59 AM

I will have a wr450 and a yz 450 rear fender off here in the next couple of days , I'm just waiting for my new rear wr fender to come in the mail .I've got a new white yz rear here now. Do you want me to snap some pics for you ?

• nickt916

Posted August 15, 2008 - 12:40 PM

I will have a wr450 and a yz 450 rear fender off here in the next couple of days , I'm just waiting for my new rear wr fender to come in the mail .I've got a new white yz rear here now. Do you want me to snap some pics for you ?

yes if you dont mind. Im mostly interested of the measurement ofi the bolt mounts on the sides, because the "YZ450" fender that i got from yamaha the fender was about 1" narrower

• tweav

Posted August 15, 2008 - 04:10 PM

I have the yz one here . The front two by the air cleaner are about 6 15/16 inches apart on their centers and the the two that come in from the sides are just under 6 1/2 apart . do you still want pics?

• nickt916

Posted August 16, 2008 - 02:57 AM

I have the yz one here . The front two by the air cleaner are about 6 15/16 inches apart on their centers and the the two that come in from the sides are just under 6 1/2 apart . do you still want pics?

i believe the top holes are 7-8 inches apart on a WR... the dealers keep telling me one thing but i keep seeing another, they said subframe on 08-09 is different or something, compared to the older YZ but yet the YZ fender i had before are 06-08 and i know for a fact now that the YZ250 and 450 are same width... i meassured the 08s in person... so i dont see why the 07 WR450 is about an inch wider??? and i dont see how some people bolt up YZ fenders on the WRs unless they fabricate some sort of brackets? or they put YZ fenders on the older steel frame WRs???

i would love to see a 07+ WR450 with a YZ OEM fender.... someone show me that it can be done?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.