Stage 3 Cooling Kits Finally Available

4 replies to this topic
  • swatdoc

Posted August 14, 2008 - 10:12 AM

Well after a year and a half of calling PWR every month, their Stage 3 Cooling Kits are finally available for our 450s. for those of you who don't know, the kit includes oversize aluminum radiators, with the left radiator containing a built in oil cooler. An oil pump replaces your oil filter cover. Kit also includes the needed oil lines and new silicon water hoses. (I already have silicon hoses so they knocked $109 off the cost of the kit)
So basically you have 2 methods of keeping your bike cooler with this setup. The oversize radiators help cool the cooling system better, and the oil cooler not only cools the motor oil, but will slightly increase the volume of the oil, too, which is a good thing.
This is definitely not something needed by most people, but my bike is a street legal supermoto, and anything I can do to have it run cooler, especially on hot days in traffic, is a good thing for my motor.
Basically this is the same setup that virtually every pro team runs on their national works bikes.
Of course i'll post some picks when i get it and get it installed.

btw - cost of the kit with silicon hoses - $999

• bigred455

Posted August 14, 2008 - 10:52 AM

That is a sweet set up,of course like you mentioned most of us do not need the oil cooler system. I would however love to have more capacity for just oil.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted August 14, 2008 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, that kit definately looks legit but with "normal" bikes of ours, you prolly wouldn't need it. If you SWATDOC, had that kit with the Boyesen HI-Flow water pump+impeller kit, w/ some engine ice, you would be running sub-zero:thumbsup: lol

• swatdoc

Posted August 15, 2008 - 11:45 AM

Justin - I do have the complete Boyesen setup, but i use a 50-50 mix of Cool-Aid and Coolanol, supposedly tested by Motocross Action to be SLIGHTLY better than other coolants.

• Justin89

Posted August 15, 2008 - 03:24 PM

Justin - I do have the complete Boyesen setup, but i use a 50-50 mix of Cool-Aid and Coolanol, supposedly tested by Motocross Action to be SLIGHTLY better than other coolants.

Nice! I have been reading on here about these other coolants...they seem to all work pretty well.:) You will definately need it when your in the dead of summer waiting at the stop light...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.