WR450 08 - How can I view time running?

5 replies to this topic
  • vomitbomb

Posted August 14, 2008 - 02:34 AM

On the FAQ it said to inspect/adjust the valves after break in between 10 - 15 hours of use.. How can I view this on the display? Doesn't seem to have this function, would be easier if it were kms not hours.

I don't know if it makes a difference that this bike was bought in Australia.

• biker t

Posted August 14, 2008 - 02:45 AM

you can buy an electronic hour meter that picks up the pulse of your plug.

• William1

Posted August 14, 2008 - 02:48 AM

This is why many riders install hour meters. When running off road, it is not the miles/Km you go but the time running that matters most.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vomitbomb

Posted August 14, 2008 - 02:49 AM

hmm..

I haven't opened my bike at all (changed the oil etc).. It's at 220kms (135miles) should I take it for another ride before I get the mechanic to do all the necessary adjustments and drainages?

• cwf340

Posted August 14, 2008 - 02:57 AM

135 miles on it, I would say its time for a oil change and air filter cleaning. I dont think you need to check the valves just yet. But like the others have said get a hour meter, they are only about $30.00.

• wartsnuff

Posted August 14, 2008 - 09:30 AM

I have got almost 2000km's on my bike.

done 15 oil change's and bought a second air filter.. so i can i have ready..

just clean out the air box and put the fresh filter in..

also i just checked my valve's for the first time...... and they were perfect.

change oil, and then change air filter... repeat. :)

cheers
Warts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.