Electric start for wr confirmed for 2003 by yamaha!

9 replies to this topic
  • chris_Abel

Posted June 08, 2002 - 11:51 PM

There is good news that the 2003 wr's will have electric start, found out by trail bike magazine UK. But will it have an alloy frame?
More capacity 450?
come with a set of alloy bars?

• rob1980

Posted June 09, 2002 - 01:06 AM

Well I am just guessing here, but I predict electric start for the wr, larger displacement, wet sump but no alloy frame. Will see for sure very soon!

Posted June 09, 2002 - 03:05 AM

It's not called a prediction if it comes right off the pages of the latest Dirt Rider Mag.....

Bonzai :)

• wrsm

Posted June 09, 2002 - 03:14 AM

Why should they go down the wet sump route?

• Tony_Miller

Posted June 09, 2002 - 03:34 AM

I really hope that electric start is an option on the WR. I would much rather not carry around the extra weight, and my WR starts 1-2 kicks almost always, hot or cold, upside down or rightside up. Pretty soon all us guys that trail ride are going to be forced to ride heavy bikes, or convert motocrossers. I would have considered switching to a KTM if you could get a kickstart only 400 or 520 EXC, just because of the weight savings. I suppose a guy could buy electric, and tear it all off if he really wanted to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rob1980

Posted June 09, 2002 - 04:42 PM

Having never read Dirt rider mag I wouldn't know...

• ratbiker

Posted June 09, 2002 - 04:50 PM

rob 1980 dont take it personal yamakaze is just an angry guy!nothing wrong with your post.He always does things like that i think he is just bitter , just my opinion but thats what realy makes him mad is when somebody else has an opinion different than his! :)

• rob1980

Posted June 09, 2002 - 07:36 PM

Thats ok Rat, I don't take anything on here personally, but not having read any magazines on the subject decided on a guess on the subject.
Take it easy! :)

• blue_beast_wins

Posted June 09, 2002 - 09:08 PM

Cant see why they would go wet sump, those of us that like our mono's also like oil pressure aswell.

• Mark_UK

Posted June 09, 2002 - 11:51 PM

chris Abel
i spoke to Si Melber from TBM about a week ago and they know only what the dealers know, which isnt a lot

this might shed some light on what to expect
Posted Image

also keep an eye on this page on the 13th

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: Mark_UK ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.