want a new bike

2 replies to this topic
  • bhsballer76

Posted August 13, 2008 - 06:07 AM

I am hoping to get a new bike soon. I really prefer yamahas b/c i have owned several and they are great running bikes. My last two were a 1999 yz400f and a 2002 yz426f. The problem is i would also like an aluminum framed bike. I have 2000 cash to spend so im wondering if i should go for a steel framed yami 450 or an aluminum framed crf450. I am concerned about the reliabilty of the crf. Either way, what years could i expect to get for my 2000$?? WHat bikes would you guys reccomend. I mostly ride for fun but would like to start hitting some tracks soon. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desert-rat660

Posted August 13, 2008 - 05:09 PM

i picked up my 06 yz450 for $2900.00. i think it might be hard to find an aluminum yz for 2g's.

• shortburb

Posted August 13, 2008 - 07:19 PM

I bought my 03 YZ450 almost 3 years ago for $2500...Iv seen them here in Denver craigslist going for about the same or closer to $2k

I love my YZ but im not opposed to switching brands...considered a CRF myself (to be purchaed this winter) but decided to keep the YZ because its already in my garage and ready to ride:applause:

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.