Cutting down the stock sliencer. Need some input

5 replies to this topic
  • YZF_MXracer71

Posted August 12, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Has any one ever cut down the sliencer on a 4 stroke? Like an inch or 3 ? I have heard of ppl doing it but never paid much attention, till i got ready to re-pack mine and thinking about cutting it down. I have a 05 yzf 450. Need some input. Thanks

• KJ790

Posted August 12, 2008 - 05:21 PM

I have seen people do it, it just makes the bike louder, I wouldn't recommend doing it.

• YZF_MXracer71

Posted August 12, 2008 - 05:25 PM

yeah i am not looking for louder just a little more power. kinda a free mod if it worked. but thats why i am asking 4 i do it. thanks for ur input

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 12, 2008 - 05:45 PM

You would be more likely to loose power than gain it.

• Darren282

Posted August 12, 2008 - 05:48 PM

my dad did it on his 02 crf450 just cause it was really long and ugly..dont think there was anything negative to it

• YZF_MXracer71

Posted August 13, 2008 - 06:05 PM

any more input

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.