Cleaning alloy frame

5 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted August 12, 2008 - 03:23 PM

How are you guys with alloy-framed WRs keeping the frame clean where your boots rub on it?

I've done searches of these forums using 'clean alloy frame', 'alloy frame clean' but haven't found an answer.

What i'm concerned about is using a solvent which could stain the alloy. Any suggestions?

• KJ790

Posted August 12, 2008 - 03:28 PM

I use SOS pads from the grocery store. Not sure what they are called down under, but they are the steel wool pads with special soap inside intended for cleaning and polishing pots and pans. These bring the frame back to the original look.

PS: Try a search using "aluminum" instead of "alloy".

• William1

Posted August 12, 2008 - 05:15 PM

I use "Never Dull".
http://www.nevrdull.com/

You can get it at most hardware stores.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • suzukipoo

Posted August 13, 2008 - 01:15 AM

I use ali-bright!!

• Island Boy

Posted August 13, 2008 - 12:47 PM

WD40, a scotch pad and some elbow grease works best.

• Strattos

Posted August 14, 2008 - 03:39 PM

Magic thanks guys. I'm off to start scrubbing

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.