How do you bleed air out the overflow tank line?

2 replies to this topic
  • PolyesterPig

Posted December 22, 2002 - 09:36 PM

I can't seem to bleed the air out of the radiator overflow tank line. I tried filling the the radiator to the max and blowing the coolant (thru the air vent line while the coolant tank filler cap was closed) back up to the radiator, then capping the radiator at the same time. Started the bike and when it warmed up, the same air bubble came back at the radiator entrance (the highest point in the line). When it cooled down, the air was sucked back into the radiator. Any suggestions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted December 22, 2002 - 10:43 PM

My suggestion is, stop waisting your time worrying about it!! The YZ dosn't even have that tank, Assuming you now have a WR.:)

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted December 23, 2002 - 04:50 AM

Don't worry about it. If the motor gets hot enough to expel more than one overflow tube volume's worth of coolant, the bubble will be gone. If not, then you haven't lost enough coolant to get concerned about anyway.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.