Carb questions

5 replies to this topic
  • Lake Texoma

Posted August 12, 2008 - 10:09 AM

Hello all!! Newby here I just bought a 01yz426 that is not running. The owner stated that it has been setting for 3yrs. I checked it out it had good compression and the body is in good shape. Now the bad part. The carb is a total wreck. I took it apart and it was tereble. I need a top of parts ( list to follow). I have NO idea what jets to buy or there size. I called the local yamaha dealer to get the parts and they were NO help. He had no idea what size of jet to get fo it. Any help would be greatly appreicated I live in N texas so its hot and humid. I'm new to dirt bikes so I DO NOT need the top performance. I mainly will be riding with my sons on their PW50's. Now the list.

1. Pilot Jet
2. Pilot Air Jet
3. Main Jet
4. Main Air Jet
5. Needle Jet
6. Needle Valve
7. Needke Seat
8. Starter Jet
9. Plastic Throttle cover
10. Pilot screw
11. Float chamber gasket
12. Top gasket for carb
13. Oil Filter
14. Air Filter

All the jets are either complete cloged or got trashed out getting them out. Any help would be GREATLY appreicated!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

• bigred455

Posted August 12, 2008 - 10:17 AM

All you have to do is go to Yamaha motor corp website,go to the parts diagram section. Find the year and model and carb section,it will list stock jetting.

• William1

Posted August 12, 2008 - 10:26 AM

It might be worth the money to send the carb to ZipTy for a overhaul. Normally, I feel these 'services' are a waste of money but if your carb is really nasty, let them really clean it and go over it. May be worth the money Vs. the frustration of pullling and reinstalling it 20 times.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lake Texoma

Posted August 12, 2008 - 10:34 AM

I have it all apart and clean I just need to find out what stock parts I need. I looked at the yamaha website and it list a lot of jets and I can't find which ones are the stock ones. How can I get ahold of zipty?

• matt4x4

Posted August 12, 2008 - 11:11 AM

All your jets should be fine, clean them and reuse them, at worst they all have sizes stamped on them, so you should be able to get the right replacement parts.

If you go here, each part that has variable sizes will list one with "STD" beside the description of the part - STD stands for......NO, it stands for.... Standard....

Zip ty is here -

• Lake Texoma

Posted August 12, 2008 - 11:25 AM

:) I wish I could reuse the jets. They were either stuck in so bad that they got destroyed takeing them out or they had so much stuff in them that the carb cleaner bath and compressed air could not get them.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.