High Comp Piston Jetting

2 replies to this topic
  • almostinvincible119

Posted August 11, 2008 - 07:23 PM

I have a 06 450 with brand new valves, a new wiseco HC piston, polished exhaust ports, and a Carbon Pro exhaust. I ride at sea level, and I was wondering with these new mods (the piston, valves-still TI, and the polished ports) would i need to richen up my main jet? or do anything else specifically?

thanks everyone in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 11, 2008 - 07:50 PM

I was wondering with these new mods (the piston, valves-still TI, and the polished ports) would i need to richen up my main jet?

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe you'll need to go leaner.

http://www.thumperta...699#post2881699

• desert-rat660

Posted August 11, 2008 - 08:45 PM

i added a hc piston from je, changed the valves. it was running rich after the mods. i went up one clip position on the needle. the bike runs great now and starts easier.
So im with gray, u should have to go leaner

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.