3 replies to this topic
  • bonez34

Posted February 08, 2001 - 11:43 AM

does anyone have the chatterbox brand radios? how good do they work? is it possible to talk and hear over the screamin exhaust on 400's? any other good working brands?

Confucious say: Man with hand in pocket feel cocky.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted February 08, 2001 - 02:19 PM

My wife & I have a set. We tried the voice activated set up and it didn't work for us. She doesn't talk loud enough to activate the mic when the ambient noise is adjusted out. I tried the push to talk (ptt) feature with the bar mounted button and proceeded to shred the wiring that runs from the bars to the rider. The stock wiring is straight wire - not coiled like a telephone handset that you see the SCORE racers using. I will be modifying our chatterboxes to use the coiled wire/ptt button when I get a chance.

The units worked pretty good in the ptt mode until the wiring problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonez34

Posted February 08, 2001 - 03:50 PM

me and some riding pals are thinkin of gettin them but i think the only time we would talk is to say "hey, i've fallen and i can't get up" or "hey, take a left at that broken DRZ". ya know, just to keep everyone together. would it be possible to mount the ptt button on your helmet? or maybe even your boot? kinda like a harley with a suicide shifter-yeah that's it!!!

• jj

Posted February 08, 2001 - 06:05 PM

Brain, Hey you said your "wife" didn't talk loud enough to activate the VTT feature. Does that mean that you had no problem?

I'm assuming you have the Chatterbox set that uses the handheld radio as the base unit, is that correct?

What about wrapping some more foam around the mic to try and eliminate more of the pipe noise, would that work?

What other impressions did you have of the unit?

Thanks much.

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.