WR Y2K

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 02, 2000 - 10:25 PM

Ive just purchased my first New WR400 Y2K,first impressions GREAT!
But it hes that big black ugly tail pipe!
so this has to go for a ???????
what is recommended for the WR.
I have also read you can fit a torqua valve in the header?
Does anyone run one,and what will this give on performance?
Its Enduro spec,would the bike be fitted with a restrictor pin?how can i tell.
thx guys!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted December 02, 2000 - 10:59 PM

Foz,
There is a plethura of posts on exhaust systems. All exhausts will be louder than stock (with the insert installed). If you pull the insert, and can live with the noise, your neighbors as well, than you can start looking for other exhaust systems. Any system will be a VAST improvement over stock (with the insert in).

I am running a FMF Power Bomb header and Stroker SX-1 silencer. This combo sounds as if it may be the quietest one available.

• Taffy

Posted December 04, 2000 - 07:06 AM

we can't pull the inserts on the uk spec tailpipes! there isn't one.

i bet we have the loudest standard pipe anywhere.

the above combo sounds the one to go for.fmf & stroker. go to two-dads & have it sent over. 1/3 parcels don't pay vat & purchase tax is like 2 1/2%.

are you prepared to throw a horse & rider? what about hours in the saddle listening to that row!

even the standard one wears you down after an hour.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.