Why is my ap spray weak?

2 replies to this topic
  • pdrides

Posted August 10, 2008 - 03:04 PM

I have the carb from my 1999 WR 400 off the bike and set up in a vise w/a gas line hooked up to an auxillary tank. My intention was to check the timing on my ap. What I see, and I am questioning is; the squirt hits about 1/8" in front of the slide then kinda washes into the intake. It also appears the intial squirt is fairly strong then any subsequent squirts are very weak. I let it sit for about 30 secs. and it will be same, strong then weak. Is this because I'm doing a static test and it works differently when the bike is operating? My float level appears to be correct. The ap diaphram is new. All the linkage appears to be working correctly. What gives?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 10, 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'd check the leak jet and the check valve in the bowl.

Most likely there is gunk in the check valve.

• pdrides

Posted August 10, 2008 - 04:44 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there's a leak jet on this generation carb.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.