YZ450F Idle problem

2 replies to this topic
  • locorider

Posted August 09, 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hi there. I am sure you guys on here will square me away pronto.

Here is the problem.

I have a 2004 YZ450F. Bought it a month ago.

If I increase the idle, by turning the idle screw, it goes up for a couple of seconds, then drops down to a slow idle again. If I blip the throttle it sits at the higher idle foe about 5 seconds then drops down again.

Any ideas ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 09, 2008 - 08:22 PM

This is a "hanging idle". It's normally a lean condition. Start by checking for obvious air leaks, then get the idle mixture set right. If that doesn't do it, check the valve clearance.

• bigred455

Posted August 09, 2008 - 08:50 PM

I also would set the fuel screw come out richer,but sometimes if you put the idle a hair too high it hangs.Try lowering the idle after the motor is totally WARMED UP , and then try it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.