Assemblyman Eric Munoz wants you out of NJ

10 replies to this topic
  • White_Lightning

Posted June 07, 2002 - 09:00 PM

The Sierra Club is backing a campaign to eliminate all ATVs and motorcycles from state land. If they get their way, all enduros and dualsports in NJ could be gone by September.
They already have a bill in the NJ Assembly. These people are very serious and usually get their way. You must read the bill in its entirety. It outlaws snowmobiles, ATVs and motorcycles from everywhere in NJ except your garage.
We need your help, please read more here:

Defeat Bill A 2238

• PMAUST

Posted June 09, 2002 - 05:49 PM

Hello!!!???? Anyone??? This is an obligatory bump.

• PMAUST

Posted June 09, 2002 - 05:51 PM

The AMA has a method in which you can send an email directly to your NJ Legislators.
Goto www.ama-cycle.org
Next click on Rapid Response center logo
Then click on 'Issues & Legislation' tab
Then click the 'Current Legislation' link
Scroll down to NJ and find Bill A2238
From there you enter your zip code and write your letter. Thanks to Karen Drehs!.

• SNF

Posted June 19, 2002 - 11:21 AM

Don't just read, do something. I did..

• PMAUST

Posted June 20, 2002 - 07:01 PM

Hello!???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted June 21, 2002 - 04:07 AM

Paul,
Will it help for all of us Californians, Foridians, Idahoans, etc to write NJ legislators or the Gov? If so, I'm there.
Dan

• White_Lightning

Posted June 21, 2002 - 04:18 AM

Yes, yes it will. Out of state folks, any riding plans/trips/races you have or may have, count as tourism and lost revenue to the state. All voices count and should be heard.

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 22, 2002 - 09:58 PM

Done.

• wolfmangk

Posted June 22, 2002 - 01:34 PM

Originally posted by Dan from HB:
Paul,
Will it help for all of us Californians, Foridians, Idahoans, etc to write NJ legislators or the Gov? If so, I'm there.
Dan

It absolutely will. As far as guns go, once one state passes a ridiculous law, then other states follow. This could be the "port of entry" for "motorcycle control" hehe.

[ June 22, 2002: Message edited by: wolfmangk ]

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 22, 2002 - 04:46 PM

I understand the concept of nipping it in the bud, but often legislators discard, without reading, any comments from outside their districts. Some even say so in their automated replies to email.
I'll send individual comments anyway.
Dan

• PMAUST

Posted June 23, 2002 - 08:02 PM

Thanks Dan! We need to all stick together no matter what state we are from. Paul

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.