stainless steel steel wool

23 replies to this topic
  • Pete_Z

Posted December 22, 2002 - 03:35 PM

Any good marina or marina supply store will carry s.s. as well as bronze and brass wool, esp. those that cater to wooden boat owners. Commonly used for fine finishing and should be easy to find in whatever quantity you need.

Peace Eh - P.Z.

• freestyle111

Posted December 22, 2002 - 07:00 PM

jmiakaike , i was looking at the mesh but it might be to going to give them a call and get a little more info on it.ive made a new modified core for my wb promeg and would like to do a couple sound tests with regular fiber packing and stainless steel wool packing.too see if packing material makes a big difference in sound output.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jmiakaike

Posted December 22, 2002 - 07:07 PM

they have much coarser mesh.. not sure how to buy from them.. couldn't seem to find info on that.. i would definitely be interested to know what you find out with your sound test, since i will now be subject to them and my bike isn't even running yet.

• LowCo

Posted December 23, 2002 - 12:43 PM

Ever thought of using aluminum machining shavings? I am going to try it for packing my muff! Light wieght, and probably damn cheap. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.