Differences from 06 to 08

7 replies to this topic
  • jgwakeup

Posted August 09, 2008 - 08:23 AM

Hey all looking to get a new bike this season for lots o moto and will be used strickly as a race bike so can you tell me the main differences from 06 to 08 the only real one ive found was the 06-07 models have more top end..
Thanks

• clutchless

Posted August 09, 2008 - 09:13 AM

just spend some time reading all the reviews of 06 -08's in the forum.

people have really covered all the basics.

use the search function.

• hillclimbguy

Posted August 09, 2008 - 12:08 PM

The difference between My 06 and my buddies 08 is that my bike is paid for and his are not. This makes mine a great bike.

• desert-rat660

Posted August 09, 2008 - 01:43 PM

i think the exhaust on the 08 makes the difference in power, its restrictive from what ive heard, but i dunno :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hillclimbguy

Posted August 09, 2008 - 11:58 PM

I rode the newer bikes and think the bottem end is a little better.

• mxracer206

Posted August 10, 2008 - 04:16 AM

The 06-08 motors should all be ok for most riders, the biggest difference is in 08 Yamaha changed the forks-shorter and 1mm less offset at the axle- and the frame slightly for better cornering.

• grayracer513

Posted August 10, 2008 - 08:00 AM

The '08 forks are not shorter in any way that alters steering geometry. The steering head and stem a 5mm shorter to alter the flex dynamics of the frame and reduce weight, but the head angle is the same.

• Texas30

Posted August 10, 2008 - 08:21 AM

The difference between My 06 and my buddies 08 is that my bike is paid for and his are not. This makes mine a great bike.

Now that my friends is what you call a great answer.........:) :D :worthy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.