wr400 odo not working

5 replies to this topic
  • acarter92

Posted August 09, 2008 - 02:23 AM

My odo on my 1999 wr400 isn't working properly. I rode probably at least 10 miles yesterday and my tripometer says I rode a half mile. Any suggestions woudl be appreciated?

• Bamster

Posted August 09, 2008 - 03:36 AM

The gear in the odometer drive at the axle is done.
The worst part is that Yamaha sells it as a whole unit.

Number 13 in the pic
Posted Image

• acarter92

Posted August 11, 2008 - 03:20 AM

thanks, I'll start searching ebay or maybe I'll just buy the whole thing and be done with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • acarter92

Posted August 11, 2008 - 04:41 AM

Now I got to looking at the trail tech vapor with a tach engine temp and speedometer I think I might just get that. Anybody know if they are any good or if there are any other brands that make anything similar so I could compare. $100 is a high price but I think it might be worth it if it has any quality.

• maxtherat

Posted August 11, 2008 - 05:08 PM

I installed a vapor a couple of months back and mine works great. I seem to remember a post about using the stock odo. mount to install the computer. There was something about flipping it over. I made my own mount since I have aftermarket clamps

• acarter92

Posted August 12, 2008 - 03:02 AM

ok, It seems like a good computer, but I'm still trying to justify the cost. I was also looking at the endurance which is a little cheaper but that doesn't give you your engine temp which I really like.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.