yzf rider going "W"? info please

2 replies to this topic
  • kris_mobley

Posted June 07, 2002 - 02:25 AM

I am currently riding a yz250f and I love it. But I am thinking about buying a Wr 426 to dual sport it. I currently ride trails and a motocross tracdk or two, which I don't want to give up. That being said, I am by no means competetive on a track. I would like to be able to get over a lazy, undemanding double or two, but no illusions of doing more in the air. Is the WR426 light enough and snappy etc. th have fun on a track? Does it perform well in the woods?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetMoto

Posted June 07, 2002 - 05:23 AM

I ride my WR on the track all the time. It rips! I can ride the WR longer and I think a bit faster than my 2000 CR250 I used to ride on the track.

• Ike

Posted June 07, 2002 - 12:28 PM

The WRF is very trackable. It does not have any problems keeping up or passing the best of riders. The weight is not an drop dead issue for what you have in mind. This bikes power makes up for the extra weight. The biggest problem is the stock seat tank combo will keep you from getting your weight as far up to the front tire as a YZF would in corners. I have purchased a 2.2 Galllon Replica Tank and YZ seat for this purpose. This bike Wrips on the Track and excellent in the woods and I am sure it will do a great job as a Dual Sport depending on how much you really want to travel on the road.

2001 Wr 426 A few mods Most of what cost nothing
2001 TTRL 125
2001 PW50

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.