Questions about 2003

3 replies to this topic
  • Scott92

Posted August 07, 2008 - 02:03 AM

Looking for some advice, I have a 2003 yzf450 that I m looking to sell or part out. Bike runs awesome but looks a little rough. Do you guys think I should part it out? Or just sell it whole(1250.00 or so). I have no idea what the engine is worth.:)

• matt4x4

Posted August 07, 2008 - 05:48 AM

The problem with parting it out is that you need buyers for each specific part, this can take a LOOONG time, so unless you're willing to sit on it, I'd be selling it as one piece.
Anyone buying it should have a good idea of it's condition even though it looks rough.

there are lots of things you can do to help improve it's looks without spending a dime - scrub the plastics with magic eraser, it'll make the white spotless - use a heatgun on the blue plastics that have the stressed whitish appearance - it'll bring the blue back to normal, future floor wax will bring the shine back to dull plastic... plus many other things

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 07, 2008 - 05:59 AM

The engine could be worth $800 or much more in running order (the head was once worth $600 by itself). The introduction of the '06 + models has taken some off the prices, but buyers are still out there. The wheels may bring $400. But after that, it's harder to sell the stuff, and you have shipping to deal with. Like Matt said, it can take a while, too. Find a deal on a new graphics kit, a new rear tire, and generally spruce it up, you might get $1800-2200 for it, no?

• eclipseworld22

Posted August 08, 2008 - 10:24 AM

do you have any pictures of the bike? other than looks are there any other problems with the bike?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.