How do you know when your clutch is bad?

5 replies to this topic
  • Tman

Posted June 06, 2002 - 06:23 PM

I was just wondering how do you know when your clutch should be replaced? I have to let the clutch out almost all the way to get my bike to move and when I am in 4th gear I can hear it rattle when I let off and get back on the gas again. Just want to make sure it needs to be replaced before I buy a new one. Thanks

• blue_beast_wins

Posted June 06, 2002 - 10:06 PM

Adjust clutch and adjust chain.

• Alain

Posted June 07, 2002 - 02:04 AM

Usually when you`re clutch is used enough that you have to change it, it will start slipping. You will feel it.... The motor revs but you feel that the power is not transfered to the rear wheel. If the rattle is only in 4th gear I wouldn`t suspect the clutch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 07, 2002 - 02:41 AM

Adjust the cable at the lever. If all the adjustment is gone there (it is the fine adjustment), adjust it to the middle and then adjust it at the top of the crankcase just above the shifter. Then see how it feels.

Good luck,

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 07, 2002 - 03:39 AM

Oh yes, back to the post name. You will know when the goes vrrrooomm, vroomm and your feet are still on the ground. Or it starts acting like a Revloc.

Good luck,

• lewichris

Posted June 07, 2002 - 05:29 AM

make sure you are using the right kind of oil.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.