Head Pipe Glowing at Idle on 02 wr426?

2 replies to this topic
  • muzzym

Posted August 06, 2008 - 04:41 PM

I am new to this bike and had not noticed this before. All of a sudden The Bike seems to be lean (did not have a lean bog off idle last week), however if I crack the throttle at idle, it will stall (severe lean condition I think)? The pipe will glow cherry red (4-5 inches down the pipe just idling for a couple of minutes (3 or so) from a cold condition. Do they all do this or should do you think something happend inside of carb to lean this out. I did go through a very deep water crossing and the bike skipped for a while when I got through. Soon after, it overheated when idling for a few minutes (after a full day of riding) with no problems before that.

I am confused as what could have happened to the bike. Once off bottom end, it seems to run well with good throttle response and power It just has a bad low end (just of idle bog when throttle is cracked) and I think it is running way too lean at idle. Just cannot figure out what would cause this all of a sudden???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Go2sno

Posted August 06, 2008 - 07:36 PM

Please read the FAQ section at that is posted at the top of the page. Totally normal to have a red header at idle.

• GENE426

Posted August 06, 2008 - 07:40 PM

Not a problem

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.