How do you de-octopuss 99 WR400?

6 replies to this topic
  • powerquest

Posted June 06, 2002 - 04:22 PM

Is there a link or website where instructions are available to de-octopuss my 99 WR400? Thanks in advance!

• Taffy

Posted June 06, 2002 - 09:38 PM

some pictures hereclick

we also have a write up on the technical board. however the jetting in it is no longer valid-just the procedure to get there.

your standard PAJ #75 is the best as well as the small starter jet. stick with the original DTM needle as it's best and go to a 40PJ and 168MJ. this is for up to 2,000ft BTW.

Taffy

• Quickrik

Posted June 07, 2002 - 03:25 AM

Excuse me being dumb here - where would I find the technical board

Rik

Taffy - Did I read somewhere you where going to the Manx GP this year?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted June 07, 2002 - 04:12 AM

Taffy,

I Did Not Know That The Octopuss could be found in so many places.....

Your must have moved around alot.. :)

Bonzai :D

• Taffy

Posted June 08, 2002 - 06:50 AM

quickrig

we seem to have lost the tech board with the recent changes, that's a shame.

maybe someone knows how to get into the old articles.

the manx? i raced there 7-9 times and have gone evetry year since dot. however due to expanding my holiday sports business and using the full six weeks, i won't be going this year.

i went in'00 and did every trail on the island and it was awesome.

Taffy

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 08, 2002 - 07:03 AM

What is octapussed :)

Is that some sort of code word the WR guys have for crashing while trying to pass a YZ :D

Seriuos what is it

• wrsm

Posted June 08, 2002 - 12:03 PM

EgoAhole

The Octopus is the mass of external pipes on the carb.
There was a good article on removing the pipes on TT before the recent changes. It told you which pipes to remove, which holes to bung up and which to reconnect elsewhere.

Someone must have saved it to disc?? Maybe they could put it where we can find it?

Kevin

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.