large tank (with or without integrated shrouds)

2 replies to this topic
  • GPRacer171

Posted August 06, 2008 - 04:27 AM

I am purchasing a large tank for my 2007 WR450. I can considering 2 tanks. the Acerbis and IMS. The Acerbis has the radiator shrouds integrated into the tannk for extra capacity and the IMS uses the YZ shrouds. Is there a benefit or any issues with the integrated shroud beyond additional capacity. Has anyone seen problems with the integrated shrouds in a crash or the like?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • haskell

Posted August 06, 2008 - 08:05 PM

I have used both/ my 2008 wr450 has the new Acerbis tank. the Acerbis does not skirt the engine. With the IMS I had dangerous fuel boiling and engine heating problems. The Acerbis tank has none of these problems

• SmobySport

Posted August 06, 2008 - 08:49 PM

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.